This remarkably modest plan was made to document the momentous occasion in 1870 when the British military withdrew permanently from Canada, and turned over to Ottawa all military establishments across the country. The New Fort at Toronto was transferred in July and the 'Old' Fort and service buildings in September.
Click the map to view a full size version.
(duplicate) Toronto Old Fort, (duplicate) Toronto New Barracks
Thomas Wily, 1870.
Image courtesy Library and Archives Canada: NMC-23157
Next map: [1884, 1894, 1903, 1913, 1924] Goad: Atlas of the City of Toronto, Plate 19
Back to: ‘Old’ Fort York