Click the image to view a full size version.
Exhibition Grounds, 1889
Image courtesy Exhibition Place Archives
Fans of Bird’s Eye Views may enjoy contrasting the above with the following sketches:
- 1879 Toronto - Key to the Exhibition Buildings and Grounds - printed in the Canadian Illustrated News Sept 13, 1879; courtesy Exhibition Place Archives [See also LAC]. This was the ‘first’ year of the annual fair, then known as the Industrial Exhibition.
- 1885 [View of the Exhibition Grounds] - Toronto Lithographing Co.; courtesy TPL. See also: this version.
- 1886 Industrial Exhibition Park and Buildings; courtesy Exhibition Place Archives.
- 1899 Bird’s Eye View of Toronto’s Industrial Exhibition - from Alexander Fraser’s Toronto: historical, descriptive and pictorial. Courtesy archive.org.
- 1917 Plan of the Grounds of Canadian National Exhibition. Courtesy Exhibition Place Archives.
Next map: 1906 Unwin: Plan Shewing Exhibition Park and Garrison Commons, Toronto
Back to: The Exhibition Grounds