The same day Blackwell got his title, the CPR was granted 16.12 acres by the Dominion Government in a long corridor connecting Blackwell's plant and the Queen's Wharf to the CPR (Toronto, Grey and Bruce) at King Street near the head of Pacific (now Hanna) Avenue. The corridor had existed since the 1850s to carry the Grand Trunk tracks to its Queen's Wharf Station, so it seems the 1898 grant to the CPR was only a matter of regularizing it.
Plan of Part of the Military Reserve Toronto Shewing Edged in Pink and Yellow, the Lands for Which Patents are Applied For by Canadian Pacific Railway Company, 1898, Alfred P. Walker, O.L.S.
Filed in the Registry Office for the Western Division of the City of Toronto on 12 July 1898 as an attachment to Registered Plan No. 1101.
Next map: 1945 Toronto Terminals Railway: Toronto Viaduct - Plan of Trackage between Don Station & Bathurst Jct AS CONSTRUCTED
Back to: The Railways